Sunday, March 25, 2007

John Conyers and Dennis Kucinich has the right idea!

Thanks to this post over at Democratic Underground, this bill(H.R. 676) has been brought to my attention. Dennis Kucinich has a web page right here summarizing the bill. John Conyers also has a web page about this bill as well. This bill seems like a really good idea, I've reviewed it, and it pretty much is Medicare for all, allowing for physician choice and the transition of for-profit insurance companies to non-profit medical financial institutions.

I think the greatest strengths of the bill is the power to negotiate prices for prescription drugs and full coverage of primary, dental, and vision care. I believe this bill is an actual solution to one of the biggest problems facing the nation today, exploding health care costs. Health care should be considered a necessary public service, like police or fire protection, and should be able to take care of everyone in the country.

Thanks to Flabbergasted at DU for bringing this important bill to light. :)

2 comments:

Darrick said...

Dennis Kucinich is the only logical choice for president in 2008. Along with healthcare for all he also wants world peace, education pre-k through college for all and an end to the silly drug war.

Don said...

I'm going to say that I'm "officially" neutral when it comes to primary candidates for the Democratic nomination. Having said that, I do agree with Kucinich more than I agree with any other candidate. I just wish the M$M and other Democrats would take him more seriously.